- What to Look For (and Look OUT For) In a Contractor
- After a Disaster, Don't Get Scammed | Storm Damage Raises Fraud Risk (pdf version)
- TOP TEN TIPS for Making Sure Your Contractor Measures Up
- What You Should Know Before Hiring a Contractor (publication)
- What Seniors Should Know Before Hiring a Contractor (brochure)
- STATEMENT OF CONSUMER PROTECTIONS (must be provided in residential door-to-door solicitations)
- Contractor Transaction Recovery Fund | fact sheet (pdf)
- Call Before You Dig | DIAL 811 to have underground utility lines marked for free.
- Call 811 before any excavation (digging) project--DIY or professional contractor. It's the LAW!
- Nail Salon Safety and Pedicure Pointers (pdf version)
- FDA: Think Before You Ink | Are Tattoos Safe?
- OSHA: Hair Smoothing Products Alert
- Asbestos Licensing Consumer Information Sheet
- Lead Consumer Information and Disclosure Sheet
- Lead-Safe Virginia Program (Virginia Department of Health): information and free materials on lead-poisoning prevention
- EPA Lead Information Website
- Be Septic Smart! Information about inspection and maintenance for traditional septic and alternative onsite systems